Lakson develops technological solutions that are suited to many activities; for more details, consult a particular area of interest below:
- Conditioning systems for biomass: solutions to grind and dry raw biomass by-products into a useful, value-added bio-fuel.
- Conditioning systems for industrial and municipal sludge: solutions to treat and dewater sludge effluent from wastewater treatment plants, pulp & paper mills etc.
- Biomass combustion systems: solutions to burn biomass efficiently in a combustion process.
- Biomass cogeneration: solutions to combine the production of heat and electricity, using biomass, in a CHP plant.
- Biomass gasification systems: solutions to produce synthetic gas from biomass, for direct combustion in a gas burner.
- Waste Transformation into useful products.
Waste Transformation into useful products
Lakson has been assisting customers transform their waste materials and process by-products into value-added products for several years.
Instead of material currently going to land-filling, or a process by-product that goes to waste that is not usable in its current form, Lakson can develop a process around the intended goal to transform the raw material into a value-added product.
Lakson has been developing innovative process, and tested our customer material in order to determine the feasibility of the intended process and simulate commercial process conditions.
We have built up a data gathered during testing to develop the process and engineer and select adequate equipment needed to carry out the process.
Our various process experts relate a variety of approaches and methodologies to transform waste material or process by-product.
Our intervention can include conditioning, dewatering, agglomeration, granulation, drying, heat processing, water treatment or a combination of these techniques.
Our expertise geared to develop:
- Increase the value of a material through improved characteristics
- Added value of a material through conditioning and refinement
- Recover valuable materials from valueless waste
- Transformation of product from a waste or process by-product
Lakson confronted in some transformations sludges which are transformed into organic-based fertilizers, clays and saw dust into cat litter, fuel pellets from petroleum coke dust, and recovering in some cases valuable metal from spent batteries.
Raw Materials Converted to Higher Value Useful Products
|Initial Material||Final End Product|
|Ammonium Sulfate||Granular Fertilizer|
|Ash (Wood, Fly)||Granular Fertilizer|
|Bentonite Clay||Cat Litter Granules|
|Biomass||Biochar, Activated Carbon|
|Bone Meal||Granular Fertilizer|
|Calcium Carbonate||Granular Fertilizer|
|Calcium Chloride||Ice Melt Pellets|
|Calcium Sulfate||Granular Fertilizer|
|Cell Phone Batteries||Lithium, Zinc Metal Recovery|
|Cement Kiln Dust||Granular Calcium Fertilizer|
|Clay||Cat Litter, Oil Dry Granules, Encapsulate Seeds|
|Composts (Yard Waste)||Granular Fertilizer|
|Corn Cobs||Cat Litter, Oil Dry Pellets|
|Dredge Sludges||Non-leaching Granules|
|Ethanol Plant Waste (DDG)||Animal Feed|
|Glass Batch||Glass Blend|
|Grain Dust||Non-explosive Pellets|
|Gypsum Wallboard Waste||Granular Fertilizer, Cat Litter Pellets|
|Iron Ore||Metal Recovery Pellets|
|Iron Oxide||Metal Recovery Pellets|
|Lime (Wastewater Treatment Sludge)||Granular Calcium Fertilizer|
|Limestone||Granular Calcium Fertilizer|
|Manure – Cattle/Chicken/Hog||Granular Fertilizer|
|MAP Fertilizers||Granular Fertilizer|
|Mined Frac Sand||Dried Frac Sand|
|Municipal Wastes||Granular Fertilizer, Fuel Pellets|
|Nickel Ore||Metal Recovery Pellets|
|Nitrogen Fertilizers||Granular Fertilizer|
|NPK Blends||Granular Fertilizer|
|Paper Sludge||Granular Fertilizer, Cat Litter|
|Paper Sludge||Bright White Clay|
|Petroleum Coke Dust||Fuel Pellets|
|Phosphates Powder||Granular Fertilizer|
|Potassium Chloride||Granular Fertilizer|
|Saw Dust||Cat Litter, Fuel Pellets|
|Soda Bottles||Recycled Plastic|
|Soy Flour||Animal Feed|
|Steel Dusts and Sludges||Metal Recovery Pellets|
|Sulfur Stack Emissions||Granular Fertilizer|
|Talc Ore||Sterilized Baby Powder|
|Tar Sands Waste Sludge||Substitute Fuel Pellets|
|Titanium Metal Shavings||Metal Recovery|
|Tungsten Oxide||Metal Recovery Pellets|
|Zinc Oxide||Metal Recovery Pellets|